January 25, 2013 12:18:12 PM
STARKVILLE -- A 21-year-old Starkville man died in a fiery crash early Friday morning.
The man, whose name has not yet been released, died after being involved in a two-car head-on collision in Starkville shortly after 2 a.m.
Officers with The Starkville Police Department arrived on scene and discovered the victim's vehicle in flames. Attempts to get the man out of the car were unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Officials with the SPD said the collision occurred on Louisville Street, near Starkville High School.
The deceased was a passenger in a car heading northbound. The vehicle collided head on with a jeep. Both the female driver of the car and the male driver of the Jeep were transported to Oktibbeha County Hospital. Their identities were not released.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus police nab one suspect, search for another in Saturday armed robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY