February 10, 2009
County authorities today are investigating a suspicious death at a house near the intersection of Concourse Road and Highway 69 South.
Lowndes County sheriff''s deputies on Monday night discovered 82-year-old Ava Robinson, of 483 Concourse Road, dead in her residence after the woman''s son called to report he had not heard from her for several days.
"The situation came to our concern after the victim''s son called police and said he had been unable to reach her for a few days," said Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant. "We went to the residence and found a door standing open and the woman deceased in her house."
Authorities are unsure if foul play was involved in the death and were investigating the incident this morning.
"I''m not sure if we will do an autopsy on the body. That all depends on what the police investigation determines," said Merchant. "The situation was a little suspicious, so the sheriff''s department is looking into it to determine if any criminal charges should be brought."
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY