July 21, 2009 10:57:00 AM
Ongoing construction at Mississippi State University has led to the closings of two sections of road on campus.
A section of Creelman Street, at the intersection with President''s Circle, has been closed since Friday and is scheduled to reopen July 31, according to a Mississippi State news release. Darden Avenue is open for the detour.
Additionally, a section of Morrill Road, at the intersection with Hardy Road, was planned to be shut down Monday, according to the release. Morrill Road is scheduled to reopen Thursday.
Both closures are necessary for the university''s chilled/heated water loop expansion project, said Central Plant Supervisor Lee Collins. The project will allow the university to heat and cool more buildings on campus through the Central Plant instead of individual systems in each location, Collins said.
"It really saves the university a lot of money," Collins said.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayor, city employee raises rescinded COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. New leadership at local Boys and Girls clubs COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY