July 21, 2009 10:57:00 AM
Ongoing construction at Mississippi State University has led to the closings of two sections of road on campus.
A section of Creelman Street, at the intersection with President''s Circle, has been closed since Friday and is scheduled to reopen July 31, according to a Mississippi State news release. Darden Avenue is open for the detour.
Additionally, a section of Morrill Road, at the intersection with Hardy Road, was planned to be shut down Monday, according to the release. Morrill Road is scheduled to reopen Thursday.
Both closures are necessary for the university''s chilled/heated water loop expansion project, said Central Plant Supervisor Lee Collins. The project will allow the university to heat and cool more buildings on campus through the Central Plant instead of individual systems in each location, Collins said.
"It really saves the university a lot of money," Collins said.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. LINK head concerned about state budget cuts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY