July 21, 2009 10:57:00 AM
Ongoing construction at Mississippi State University has led to the closings of two sections of road on campus.
A section of Creelman Street, at the intersection with President''s Circle, has been closed since Friday and is scheduled to reopen July 31, according to a Mississippi State news release. Darden Avenue is open for the detour.
Additionally, a section of Morrill Road, at the intersection with Hardy Road, was planned to be shut down Monday, according to the release. Morrill Road is scheduled to reopen Thursday.
Both closures are necessary for the university''s chilled/heated water loop expansion project, said Central Plant Supervisor Lee Collins. The project will allow the university to heat and cool more buildings on campus through the Central Plant instead of individual systems in each location, Collins said.
"It really saves the university a lot of money," Collins said.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY