February 14, 2013 11:24:05 AM
The 2013 Jury of Fellows from the American Institute of Architects (AIA) elevated Belinda Stewart, FAIA to its prestigious College of Fellows, an honor awarded to members who have made significant contributions to the profession. She will be honored at an investiture ceremony at the 2013 National AIA Convention and Design Exposition in Denver.
Stewart began her career in North Carolina, where she spent five years working for leading firms and developing her skill and passion for historic preservation. In 1990, Stewart established her practice in Eupora. She began with a focus on other small towns and rural locations, which often are underserved. Belinda Stewart Architects, PA now employs 14 people. In its 22 years, the firm has helped launch the careers of several up and coming architects. Since opening her office in the downtown core of Eupora, and as a result of her efforts, the downtown has evolved from a dying "main street" with more than 20 empty storefronts to a full thriving mix of retail, office and residential uses.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY