July 21, 2009 11:25:00 AM
STARKVILLE -- The Starkville Police Department is investigating a weekend robbery outside of Cadence Bank downtown.
The incident took place about 2:10 p.m. Sunday, when the female victim was attempting to make a deposit for a local business, said Starkville Police Department Lt. Bill Lott. He did not identify the business.
The woman was approached by a black male in a hooded sweatshirt and jeans, Lott said.
"As she was fixing to make the deposit, he grabbed the money from her and ran off toward University Drive," he said.
The suspect, who did not display a weapon, was last seen getting into a gold four-door sedan with chrome rims. The vehicle was being driven by another black male, who was donned in a white shirt and wore dreadlocks, Lott said.
"They fled the scene at a high rate of speed bound west on Main Street," he said.
Starkville police put out a BOLO, or a "be on the lookout" alert, for the vehicle, but are still searching for the suspects. Lott urged anyone with information to call Starkville police Lt. William Durr, who is handling the case. The number for investigations is 662-323-0393.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two local educators inducted to Unity Park STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY