February 19, 2013 5:24:41 PM
The Columbus City Council unanimously voted to appoint Angela Verdell, director of diversity programs and student development at MSU's Bagley College of Engineering, to the Columbus Municipal School District Board of Trustees Tuesday night at the council's regular meeting.
Gene Taylor made the motion and Kabir Karriem seconded it.
Verdell replaces board president and long-term board member Tommy Prude.
The full report of council activity will appear in print and online Wednesday.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Ward 5 candidates outline goals, platforms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY