February 21, 2013 10:02:50 AM
WEST POINT -- Four security cameras have been installed at Sally Kate Winter Park in West Point and more are planned.
The Daily Times Leader reports that the city's Water and Light Department announced in December the cameras would be installed along with wireless Internet access.
Water and Light Department Superintendent Dwight Prisock says the city wants to put cameras along the entire Rails to Trail walkway.
Prisock says Sally Kate Winter Park is the most visited park in the city.
He says the cameras will help combat vandalism and other crimes.
He says the cameras allow police and other city officials to zoom in on anything suspicious taking place in the park.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY