February 21, 2013 10:02:50 AM
WEST POINT -- Four security cameras have been installed at Sally Kate Winter Park in West Point and more are planned.
The Daily Times Leader reports that the city's Water and Light Department announced in December the cameras would be installed along with wireless Internet access.
Water and Light Department Superintendent Dwight Prisock says the city wants to put cameras along the entire Rails to Trail walkway.
Prisock says Sally Kate Winter Park is the most visited park in the city.
He says the cameras will help combat vandalism and other crimes.
He says the cameras allow police and other city officials to zoom in on anything suspicious taking place in the park.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY