February 21, 2013 10:02:50 AM
WEST POINT -- Four security cameras have been installed at Sally Kate Winter Park in West Point and more are planned.
The Daily Times Leader reports that the city's Water and Light Department announced in December the cameras would be installed along with wireless Internet access.
Water and Light Department Superintendent Dwight Prisock says the city wants to put cameras along the entire Rails to Trail walkway.
Prisock says Sally Kate Winter Park is the most visited park in the city.
He says the cameras will help combat vandalism and other crimes.
He says the cameras allow police and other city officials to zoom in on anything suspicious taking place in the park.
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Annex demo could make way for courthouse expansion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Fire displaces families in Brooksville Gardens STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY