Oktibbeha County volunteer firefighters work to put out the fire on New Light Road Thursday. Photo by: Courtesy photo
February 22, 2013 11:43:05 AM
A Thursday morning structure fire was quickly contained by Oktibbeha County volunteer firefighters, County Fire Services Coordinator Kirk Rosenhan said.
No occupants were at home at the time of the fire, he said, and no injuries were reported.
The Maben Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to 720 New Light Road at approximately 8:22 a.m. after a passer-by reported the incident to 911 dispatchers. Additional firefighters were summoned from Adaton and Self Creek as a precaution, Rosenhan said.
The fire, which was contained to one room, was quickly extinguished by volunteers, he said. The structure also suffered slight smoke damage.
County investigators have not yet determined the fire's cause.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY