Oktibbeha County volunteer firefighters work to put out the fire on New Light Road Thursday. Photo by: Courtesy photo
February 22, 2013 11:43:05 AM
A Thursday morning structure fire was quickly contained by Oktibbeha County volunteer firefighters, County Fire Services Coordinator Kirk Rosenhan said.
No occupants were at home at the time of the fire, he said, and no injuries were reported.
The Maben Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to 720 New Light Road at approximately 8:22 a.m. after a passer-by reported the incident to 911 dispatchers. Additional firefighters were summoned from Adaton and Self Creek as a precaution, Rosenhan said.
The fire, which was contained to one room, was quickly extinguished by volunteers, he said. The structure also suffered slight smoke damage.
County investigators have not yet determined the fire's cause.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. After 11 years as EMCC president, Young stepping down COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY