Oktibbeha County volunteer firefighters work to put out the fire on New Light Road Thursday. Photo by: Courtesy photo
February 22, 2013 11:43:05 AM
A Thursday morning structure fire was quickly contained by Oktibbeha County volunteer firefighters, County Fire Services Coordinator Kirk Rosenhan said.
No occupants were at home at the time of the fire, he said, and no injuries were reported.
The Maben Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to 720 New Light Road at approximately 8:22 a.m. after a passer-by reported the incident to 911 dispatchers. Additional firefighters were summoned from Adaton and Self Creek as a precaution, Rosenhan said.
The fire, which was contained to one room, was quickly extinguished by volunteers, he said. The structure also suffered slight smoke damage.
County investigators have not yet determined the fire's cause.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lincoln collection lands at MSU STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY