July 23, 2009 10:38:00 AM
Police Tuesday arrested a 29-year-old Columbus woman after they learned she may have tried to pass several bad checks at a local retailer.
Monekia Sherrod, of 206 B Browder St. in Columbus, was arrested at her residence by the Columbus Police Department and charged with one count of uttering forgery.
The charges came a day after an employee of Wal-Mart on Highway 45 North came to CPD headquarters and reported Sherrod had tried to pass four forged checks at the store.
Sherrod''s bond was set at $2,500, and she is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 20.
The following other incidents were reported by the CPD:
According to police reports, a CPD officer was dispatched to 516 College St. at about 10:15 p.m. July 17 after 911 received a report of someone lying on the ground in the area.
After arriving on the scene, the officer learned Lipscomb had received injuries to her face. Lipscomb was transported by ambulance to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, where she was treated and released.
As of Wednesday, police had released few details involving the incident, citing a pending CPD Criminal Investigation Division investigation.
A complainant told the officer someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole a purse, a GPS system and a phone charger.
Chris commented at 7/24/2009 12:03:00 AM:
Was Maureen "laying" eggs on the ground?
Michelle Nabors commented at 7/24/2009 2:09:00 PM:
Chris..... You can't have the proof reader job. I already asked for it :-)
Jaynie commented at 7/24/2009 4:05:00 PM:
Maureen you are in my prayers!
Debra commented at 7/28/2009 4:05:00 PM:
Could you post more arrest reports for Starkville? We would like to have a paper like Columbus that posts arrest reports. Glad that you are giving us something extra to read.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus police nab one suspect, search for another in Saturday armed robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY