March 9, 2013 8:16:07 PM
An Ethelsville, Ala. man died early Saturday in a motorcycle accident on Bluecutt Road.
Danny Rea Jr., 43, was traveling west on Bluecutt near Park Creek Plaza at approximately 1:38 a.m. Saturday when he lost control of his motorcycle and ran into a ditch. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 2:04 a.m. by Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Rea appeared to have been speeding, Columbus Police Department Public Relations Officer Glenda Buckhalter said. No one else was involved in the accident.
Rea was an employee at Tronox, Inc. in Hamilton, Ala. Merchant said Rea had eaten with friends at Huddle House in Columbus shortly before his death.
Merchant said a toxicology report will be released this week. The accident is still under investigation by the Columbus Police Department.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete and are being handled by Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home in Aberdeen.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY