March 9, 2013 8:16:07 PM
An Ethelsville, Ala. man died early Saturday in a motorcycle accident on Bluecutt Road.
Danny Rea Jr., 43, was traveling west on Bluecutt near Park Creek Plaza at approximately 1:38 a.m. Saturday when he lost control of his motorcycle and ran into a ditch. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 2:04 a.m. by Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Rea appeared to have been speeding, Columbus Police Department Public Relations Officer Glenda Buckhalter said. No one else was involved in the accident.
Rea was an employee at Tronox, Inc. in Hamilton, Ala. Merchant said Rea had eaten with friends at Huddle House in Columbus shortly before his death.
Merchant said a toxicology report will be released this week. The accident is still under investigation by the Columbus Police Department.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete and are being handled by Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home in Aberdeen.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY