March 9, 2013 8:16:07 PM
An Ethelsville, Ala. man died early Saturday in a motorcycle accident on Bluecutt Road.
Danny Rea Jr., 43, was traveling west on Bluecutt near Park Creek Plaza at approximately 1:38 a.m. Saturday when he lost control of his motorcycle and ran into a ditch. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 2:04 a.m. by Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Rea appeared to have been speeding, Columbus Police Department Public Relations Officer Glenda Buckhalter said. No one else was involved in the accident.
Rea was an employee at Tronox, Inc. in Hamilton, Ala. Merchant said Rea had eaten with friends at Huddle House in Columbus shortly before his death.
Merchant said a toxicology report will be released this week. The accident is still under investigation by the Columbus Police Department.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete and are being handled by Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home in Aberdeen.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human resources recruiter enters Starkville mayoral race as a Democrat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY