March 9, 2013 8:16:07 PM
An Ethelsville, Ala. man died early Saturday in a motorcycle accident on Bluecutt Road.
Danny Rea Jr., 43, was traveling west on Bluecutt near Park Creek Plaza at approximately 1:38 a.m. Saturday when he lost control of his motorcycle and ran into a ditch. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 2:04 a.m. by Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Rea appeared to have been speeding, Columbus Police Department Public Relations Officer Glenda Buckhalter said. No one else was involved in the accident.
Rea was an employee at Tronox, Inc. in Hamilton, Ala. Merchant said Rea had eaten with friends at Huddle House in Columbus shortly before his death.
Merchant said a toxicology report will be released this week. The accident is still under investigation by the Columbus Police Department.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete and are being handled by Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home in Aberdeen.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY