March 14, 2013 9:54:36 AM
A drug raid in New Hope Friday led to the discovery of a methamphetamine lab and the arrest of a New Hope woman.
The Lowndes County Narcotic Unit executed a search warrant at the home of Tracy Nicole Peeks and Kevin Patterson, located at 135 Herrick Road, where they found oxycodone, a firearm and an undetermined amount of cash.
Peeks was arrested for manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of oxycodone. Patterson, who has active warrants for manufacturing methamphetamine and being a felon in possession of a firearm, was arrested earlier on a felony warrant from Pickens County, Ala. and was not present at the scene.
James Christian York, 38, of 6129 Highway 182 East, was at the home with Peeks at the time of the raid, but he was released from the scene. He and his wife, Brittany Leigh York, 39, were arrested Feb. 6 for possession of methamphetamine with intent to manufacture.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY