March 15, 2013 10:39:43 AM
JACKSON -- The Mississippi Supreme Court has reinstated the appeal of a lawsuit against a former federal prosecutor and a political blogger over a book they co-wrote about the judicial corruption case involving former attorney Richard "Dickie" Scruggs.
In 2011, FBI agent Hal Neilson sued authors Tom Dawson and Alan Lange and a publishing company.
The lawsuit alleged Dawson, a retired assistant U.S. attorney, and Lange, who runs the Y'all Politics blog, lied and made slanderous statements about Neilson in the book, "King of Torts," as retaliation for Neilson filing a 2001 complaint against Dawson.
A Lafayette County judge ruled for the authors in 2012.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the Supreme Court initially dismissed the appeal because court fees were not paid. The appeal was reinstated March 7.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayor, city employee raises rescinded COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY