The illegal gambling machines are pictured at Dan’s County Line Store on Highway 45 South near the Lowndes and Noxubee County line. Photo by: Courtesy photo
March 19, 2013 10:18:52 AM
A Columbus business owner was issued a citation after seven illegal gambling machines were found at his store Friday night.
A deputy with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department was performing a routine business check around midnight Friday night when he discovered the illegal gambling machines in Dan's County Line Store. Located on Hwy 45. S near the Lowndes County, Noxubee County line, the store is a convenience store and gas station.
The deputy reported his finding to Lowndes County Narcotics, which responded to the scene and recovered more than $10,000 in cash as well as the illegal machines.
David Smart, the operating manager, was issued a citation and will appear in Lowndes County Justice Court next month.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville organizers readying annual Pumpkinpalooza STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY