The illegal gambling machines are pictured at Dan’s County Line Store on Highway 45 South near the Lowndes and Noxubee County line. Photo by: Courtesy photo
March 19, 2013 10:18:52 AM
A Columbus business owner was issued a citation after seven illegal gambling machines were found at his store Friday night.
A deputy with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department was performing a routine business check around midnight Friday night when he discovered the illegal gambling machines in Dan's County Line Store. Located on Hwy 45. S near the Lowndes County, Noxubee County line, the store is a convenience store and gas station.
The deputy reported his finding to Lowndes County Narcotics, which responded to the scene and recovered more than $10,000 in cash as well as the illegal machines.
David Smart, the operating manager, was issued a citation and will appear in Lowndes County Justice Court next month.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville Utilities employee arrested for embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY