July 27, 2009 10:42:00 AM
STARKVILLE -- Artists, grab your sketch pads.
The Greater Starkville Development Partnership is now taking submissions for a new logo/slogan competition to represent the Starkville community. The winning logo/slogan will be available to the city, businesses, Mississippi State University and anyone else who wants to use it, Partnership President and CEO Jon Maynard said.
"What we''re looking for is something that is universal, to show we''re one community, one team," Maynard said.
Submissions for the contest must be made to the Partnership by Aug. 12 at 5 p.m. The works will be displayed in the Partnership''s Welcome Center on Main Street from Aug. 13 to Aug. 19, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Guests will be asked to cast their votes.
During the judging process, 20 percent of the final score will represent votes cast by community members visiting the Welcome Center. The rest of the score will be decided by a panel of judges.
The winning logo/slogan will be unveiled Aug. 18 at 11 a.m. at the Welcome Center. The Partnership encourages local artists, students, graphic design professionals and anyone else interested to submit ideas.
For more information, visit the Partnership''s Web site at www.starkville.org, or call 662-323-3322.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY