March 26, 2013 10:02:37 AM
A New Hope woman has been arrested and charged with manufacturing methamphetamine.
Sharon Conn, 50, of 2619 Yorkville Road East in New Hope, was arrested at her residence late Saturday night after agents with the Lowndes County Narcotics Division discovered a methamphetamine lab in her New Hope home.
Agents conducted the raid around 11 p.m. Saturday night after they received a tip that Conn was preparing to cook the crystal meth. The lab was discovered in a back bathroom in a clothes hamper. When authorities arrived on scene, Conn had almost completed the cook. She was the only person home at the time of the raid.
Conn has been arrested eight times since 1997 on a variety of charges including possession of methamphetamine, manufacturing methamphetamine, possession of a weapon by a convicted felon and domestic violence aggravated assault. She is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center awaiting bond.
1. Man killed in Thanksgiving shooting outside Trotter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Body found in Lake Lowndes Park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council suspends CPD officer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for sex with 13-year-old STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY