April 5, 2013 11:38:28 AM
A Columbus man has been charged with four counts of aggravated assault after driving his vehicle into his ex-girlfriend's vehicle as she sat in her driveway.
Tyrone Wilson, 49, of 2125 Seventh Ave. N., was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of aggravated assault-domestic violence and two counts aggravated assault-manifesting extreme indifference to human life.
The ex-girlfriend called 911 and originally reported a car accident. When officers arrived on the scene, they discovered damage to the front of Wilson's 1999 Ford Windstar and damage to the driver's side door of the victim's 2000 Oldsmobile Aurora.
She told police that Wilson purposefully hit her vehicle after the two had an argument concerning their child. The child and two other passengers were in the victim's vehicle at the time of the assault. One of the passengers was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. The others were treated on the scene.
Wilson was arrested and received a $100,000 bond the following day. He is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Wilson has been arrested five times since 2004 on assault-related charges, including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, simple assault, simple assault by threat and two counts of domestic violence.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY