April 10, 2013 8:25:30 AM
VANCLEAVE -- Police say an Ocean Springs man accused of growing marijuana at a Vancleave home was using what appeared to be buckets of human feces to try to cover up the smell.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd tells The Sun Herald narcotics agents arrested 41-year-old Henry Ha Nguyen on charges of marijuana cultivation, possession of marijuana while in possession of a firearm and possession of meth while in possession of a firearm.
Byrd says agents searched a Vancleave home Monday found what was described as a "large-scale marijuana grow operation" in the home.
Nguyen is being held in the Jackson County jail pending a bond hearing.
It was unclear whether he has an attorney.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY