April 10, 2013 8:25:30 AM
VANCLEAVE -- Police say an Ocean Springs man accused of growing marijuana at a Vancleave home was using what appeared to be buckets of human feces to try to cover up the smell.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd tells The Sun Herald narcotics agents arrested 41-year-old Henry Ha Nguyen on charges of marijuana cultivation, possession of marijuana while in possession of a firearm and possession of meth while in possession of a firearm.
Byrd says agents searched a Vancleave home Monday found what was described as a "large-scale marijuana grow operation" in the home.
Nguyen is being held in the Jackson County jail pending a bond hearing.
It was unclear whether he has an attorney.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY