April 10, 2013 8:25:30 AM
VANCLEAVE -- Police say an Ocean Springs man accused of growing marijuana at a Vancleave home was using what appeared to be buckets of human feces to try to cover up the smell.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd tells The Sun Herald narcotics agents arrested 41-year-old Henry Ha Nguyen on charges of marijuana cultivation, possession of marijuana while in possession of a firearm and possession of meth while in possession of a firearm.
Byrd says agents searched a Vancleave home Monday found what was described as a "large-scale marijuana grow operation" in the home.
Nguyen is being held in the Jackson County jail pending a bond hearing.
It was unclear whether he has an attorney.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY