April 10, 2013 9:25:43 AM
A Starkville man died Tuesday afternoon after a fatal motorcycle accident.
Johnathan Brown, 46, was driving west on Frontage Road near East Mississippi Community College when he lost control of his Harley-Davidson and veered into the east-bound lane where he was hit by a 2006 Toyota Matrix driven by Mildred Smith, 52, also of Starkville.
Lowndes County Corner Greg Merchant said Brown died on impact from massive chest injuries. He was wearing a helmet.
He leaves behind a wife and two small children. Merchant said Brown had just gotten off of work
Brown was a senior test production pilot at American Eurocopter and had worked with the company five years.
Earl Walker, the general manager for American Eurocopter said this morning that Brown was a vital part of the organization.
"I think he was an ideal person, an ideal team member," Walker said. "He will be extremely missed by all of his colleagues, team members and friends."
Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating the accident.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY