April 24, 2013 10:35:58 AM
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant will formally issue a special session call this afternoon to state legislators to consider an economic development package.
The meeting, scheduled to take place 10 a.m. Friday, has been linked by lawmakers to a project involving an automotive supplier opening a plant in West Point.
In a press release, Bryant said he's calling legislators to convene to discuss a development, "that will bring needed jobs to our state.
"This is an exciting project and a great testament to the quality of our workforce," Bryant said.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY