April 24, 2013 10:35:58 AM
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant will formally issue a special session call this afternoon to state legislators to consider an economic development package.
The meeting, scheduled to take place 10 a.m. Friday, has been linked by lawmakers to a project involving an automotive supplier opening a plant in West Point.
In a press release, Bryant said he's calling legislators to convene to discuss a development, "that will bring needed jobs to our state.
"This is an exciting project and a great testament to the quality of our workforce," Bryant said.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY