April 24, 2013 10:35:58 AM
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant will formally issue a special session call this afternoon to state legislators to consider an economic development package.
The meeting, scheduled to take place 10 a.m. Friday, has been linked by lawmakers to a project involving an automotive supplier opening a plant in West Point.
In a press release, Bryant said he's calling legislators to convene to discuss a development, "that will bring needed jobs to our state.
"This is an exciting project and a great testament to the quality of our workforce," Bryant said.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY