April 24, 2013 10:35:58 AM
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant will formally issue a special session call this afternoon to state legislators to consider an economic development package.
The meeting, scheduled to take place 10 a.m. Friday, has been linked by lawmakers to a project involving an automotive supplier opening a plant in West Point.
In a press release, Bryant said he's calling legislators to convene to discuss a development, "that will bring needed jobs to our state.
"This is an exciting project and a great testament to the quality of our workforce," Bryant said.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY