April 24, 2013 10:35:58 AM
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant will formally issue a special session call this afternoon to state legislators to consider an economic development package.
The meeting, scheduled to take place 10 a.m. Friday, has been linked by lawmakers to a project involving an automotive supplier opening a plant in West Point.
In a press release, Bryant said he's calling legislators to convene to discuss a development, "that will bring needed jobs to our state.
"This is an exciting project and a great testament to the quality of our workforce," Bryant said.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Upcoming bills aimed at renaming GT highways COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY