April 25, 2013 10:37:35 AM
A Columbus teen was charged with felony fleeing of a motor vehicle after he crashed a stolen vehicle into a home Thursday morning.
DeOndra Deshawn Tillman, 17, 320 11th Street N., was arrested by officers with the Columbus Police Department when they responded to a 911 call at 803 College St.
According to CPD Public Relations officer Glenda Buckhalter, Tillman allegedly stole a blue 2006 Buick Lucerne, lost control of the vehicle and crashed it into a home on the corner of Eighth Avenue and College Street.
Buckhalter said the teen appeared intoxicated at the scene and was charged with DUI and no driver's license, in addition to the grand theft auto charge.
Tillman was served with an indictment in March for an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge. He was arrested three weeks ago for public drunk and possession of alcohol by a minor.
He is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY