April 25, 2013 10:37:35 AM
A Columbus teen was charged with felony fleeing of a motor vehicle after he crashed a stolen vehicle into a home Thursday morning.
DeOndra Deshawn Tillman, 17, 320 11th Street N., was arrested by officers with the Columbus Police Department when they responded to a 911 call at 803 College St.
According to CPD Public Relations officer Glenda Buckhalter, Tillman allegedly stole a blue 2006 Buick Lucerne, lost control of the vehicle and crashed it into a home on the corner of Eighth Avenue and College Street.
Buckhalter said the teen appeared intoxicated at the scene and was charged with DUI and no driver's license, in addition to the grand theft auto charge.
Tillman was served with an indictment in March for an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge. He was arrested three weeks ago for public drunk and possession of alcohol by a minor.
He is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY