April 25, 2013 10:41:50 AM
The Lowndes County Sheriff's Department is asking for help in locating a missing Monroe County man.
William Harold Wright, 69, was last seen in Caledonia on April 11 on Cal-Vernon Road. He was reported missing to Monroe County authorities by his family on April 14.
Wright is a white male driving a white 2004 Ford Ranger with the word "Edge" displayed in orange on the truck's tailgate. Wright is 5-foot-10 and weighs 155 pounds.
"We have been searching everywhere throughout Monroe County and have no idea where he is. He is filed in a missing person system that goes out to several different states so if he is pulled over by police, it will register," Monroe County Sheriff's Office public relations officer Tanya Willems told the Monroe Journal.
Detective Eric Granderson with the LCSD said the family is not aware that White suffers from an mental health issues. The family is offering a $5,000 reward for any information leading to his whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to call the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department at 662-328-6788 or the Monroe County Sheriff's Department at (662) 369-2468.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY