April 30, 2013 9:47:11 AM
ABERDEEN -- A Smithville woman has died in an SUV crash, two years after her daughter was killed in a massive tornado that destroyed much of the tiny town.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley tells WCBI-TV that 43-year-old Trina Kay Pace Bishop of Smithville was killed Sunday night.
She was a back seat passenger in a 2006 Chevrolet sport utility vehicle driven by a friend. Gurley says the vehicle left Wren Cemetery Road, hit a tree and flipped.
Bishop was wearing a seat belt.
Her 16-year-old son was a front seat passenger. He was treated at North Mississippi Medical Center and released. The driver also was taken to the Tupelo hospital.
Bishop's daughter, 18-year-old Jessica Pace, was killed in the tornado that struck Smithville on April 27, 2011.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY