April 30, 2013 9:47:11 AM
ABERDEEN -- A Smithville woman has died in an SUV crash, two years after her daughter was killed in a massive tornado that destroyed much of the tiny town.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley tells WCBI-TV that 43-year-old Trina Kay Pace Bishop of Smithville was killed Sunday night.
She was a back seat passenger in a 2006 Chevrolet sport utility vehicle driven by a friend. Gurley says the vehicle left Wren Cemetery Road, hit a tree and flipped.
Bishop was wearing a seat belt.
Her 16-year-old son was a front seat passenger. He was treated at North Mississippi Medical Center and released. The driver also was taken to the Tupelo hospital.
Bishop's daughter, 18-year-old Jessica Pace, was killed in the tornado that struck Smithville on April 27, 2011.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY