April 30, 2013 9:47:11 AM
ABERDEEN -- A Smithville woman has died in an SUV crash, two years after her daughter was killed in a massive tornado that destroyed much of the tiny town.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley tells WCBI-TV that 43-year-old Trina Kay Pace Bishop of Smithville was killed Sunday night.
She was a back seat passenger in a 2006 Chevrolet sport utility vehicle driven by a friend. Gurley says the vehicle left Wren Cemetery Road, hit a tree and flipped.
Bishop was wearing a seat belt.
Her 16-year-old son was a front seat passenger. He was treated at North Mississippi Medical Center and released. The driver also was taken to the Tupelo hospital.
Bishop's daughter, 18-year-old Jessica Pace, was killed in the tornado that struck Smithville on April 27, 2011.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY