May 1, 2013 10:42:54 AM
Starkville Police Department is searching for a 34-year-old man who allegedly stabbed a victim Friday.
An aggravated assault-use of a deadly weapon warrant was signed against Travis Lavon Seymore, an SPD release states. Seymore is described as weighing approximately 165 pounds and 5-foot-10-inches tall. He is known to frequent 307 Central Ave. No. 4 in Starkville and has also been seen in the Columbus area, the release states.
An incident occurred Friday in which Seymore allegedly stabbed a victim multiple times in the back, neck and ear, the release states. SPD did not release the condition of the victim.
Anyone with any information about Seymore's whereabouts is asked to call SPD at (662) 323-4131 or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY