May 4, 2013 8:04:41 PM
Charles Christopher Moody Jr, 20, of 437 18th Ave. S., was arrested on Wednesday and charged with one count felony possession of a controlled substance and one count misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Agents with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant on 920 13th Street N., Apt. B in Columbus. During the search of the apartment and Moody's vehicle agents discovered more than an ounce of K2 spice and marijuana, as well as an undetermined amount of cash.
Spice is considered a Schedule 1 controlled substance by the Drug Enforcement Administration and falls into the same category as marijuana.
Moody was arrested on scene and transported to the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Michael Anthony Guyton, 35, of 133 Harris Drive was arrested on Thursday and charged with one count felony possession of cocaine.
Agents with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department Narcotic's Unit executed a search warrant on Guyton's home and said they discovered the suspect in a back bedroom attempting to eat a large quantity of both powder and crack cocaine. When agents entered the bedroom they discovered a large bag of powdered cocaine as well as several crack rocks in Guyton's mouth. Guyton was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle by ambulance where he was administered a charcoal-based substance to induce vomiting. Agents said searched Guyton's residence and discovered additional substances believed to be powder and crack cocaine.
Guyton is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY