May 9, 2013 10:37:06 AM
Felicia Elmore will fill in for terminated Columbus Municipal School District CFO Kenneth Hughes for the remainder of the school year.
Elmore is currently the business office supervisor for the district. CMSD Public Relations Officer Michael Jackson confirmed Elmore's new role via email.
"She supervises the business office as part of her daily routines. Mrs. Elmore is already in a supervisory position in the business office and we anticipate her keeping her current assignment until further notice," Jackson wrote.
In the email, Jackson said Elmore will not receive a salary increase.
"She will still be doing her same job, at the same salary, with the same supervisory duties, with additional responsibilities as needed. No date has been set for recruitment, selection and recommendation for Hughes' replacement."
Jackson said the district would not release Elmore's length of employment and current salary unless compelled to do so through a Freedom of Information Act request.
Hughes, who had worked for the district for 18 years, was fired last Thursday for unspecified reasons. Superintendent Dr. Martha Liddell declined to comment on the matter because it is a personnel issue.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Middle school mourning death of student STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Anti-McQueen ads could violate state law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Candidates attack absent mayor at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral candidates trade barbs COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Woman faces child endangerment charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY