Colton Jackson Stephens paints over graffiti as part of his ordered community service for malicious mischief. Photo by: Courtesy photo
May 11, 2013 10:14:29 PM
A Starkville man was ordered to serve 10 days of community service on Thursday for 16 counts of malicious mischief.
Colton Jackson Stephens, 20, of 308 Montgomery St., was sentenced to 90 days in the Oktibbeha County Jail with 88 days suspended due to good behavior after he pleaded guilty to 16 acts of graffiti throughout the city of Starkville.
After a lengthy investigation by the Starkville Police Department, Stephens admitted to spray painting the "Owen's" graffiti throughout the city. The graffiti began appearing in Starkville in January 2012. Stephens was arrested in October.
Stephens will serve the 10 days of community service by cleaning up graffiti.
He was also given six months of probation and a $2,500 fine.
1. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. More Highway 12 work begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY