Colton Jackson Stephens paints over graffiti as part of his ordered community service for malicious mischief. Photo by: Courtesy photo
May 11, 2013 10:14:29 PM
A Starkville man was ordered to serve 10 days of community service on Thursday for 16 counts of malicious mischief.
Colton Jackson Stephens, 20, of 308 Montgomery St., was sentenced to 90 days in the Oktibbeha County Jail with 88 days suspended due to good behavior after he pleaded guilty to 16 acts of graffiti throughout the city of Starkville.
After a lengthy investigation by the Starkville Police Department, Stephens admitted to spray painting the "Owen's" graffiti throughout the city. The graffiti began appearing in Starkville in January 2012. Stephens was arrested in October.
Stephens will serve the 10 days of community service by cleaning up graffiti.
He was also given six months of probation and a $2,500 fine.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY