May 14, 2013 10:15:13 AM
JACKSON -- An investigator with the Mississippi auditor's office has testified in court that Southaven Mayor Greg Davis submitted duplicate charges to the city and the Chamber of Commerce, and was reimbursed a total of $461,000.
Davis' attorney denied the claim.
Karen Swain, an investigator with the state auditor's office, said the city and the chamber both routinely reimbursed Davis for charges incurred on his personal credit card. The Commerical Appeal reports that Swain took the stand earlier this week during a civil trial involving efforts by the Mississippi Auditor to recover more than $70,000 the state alleges the mayor still owes for unsubstantiated personal expenses.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY