May 21, 2013 10:44:09 AM
A Columbus woman is in the hospital and her boyfriend is behind bars after he allegedly shot her in the throat Monday.
Charles A. Lindsey, 26 of 1711 Wheat Street, was arrested and charged with aggravated domestic assault and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon after police believe he shot Latesha Selvie in the throat.
The shooting took place around 5 a.m. in the Dr. T.V. James Terrace housing complex off 14th Avenue North. Neighbors said the couple moved into the apartment last month shortly after Lindsey was released from prison for drug charges.
Lindsey was arrested later Monday morning and arraigned in front of Municipal Court Judge Nicole Clinkscales, where he received a $125,000 bond.
He is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Selvie is listed in stable condition at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Bucket-list rides STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY