May 21, 2013 10:44:09 AM
A Columbus woman is in the hospital and her boyfriend is behind bars after he allegedly shot her in the throat Monday.
Charles A. Lindsey, 26 of 1711 Wheat Street, was arrested and charged with aggravated domestic assault and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon after police believe he shot Latesha Selvie in the throat.
The shooting took place around 5 a.m. in the Dr. T.V. James Terrace housing complex off 14th Avenue North. Neighbors said the couple moved into the apartment last month shortly after Lindsey was released from prison for drug charges.
Lindsey was arrested later Monday morning and arraigned in front of Municipal Court Judge Nicole Clinkscales, where he received a $125,000 bond.
He is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Selvie is listed in stable condition at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville aldermen sending potential case against former officer to DA's office STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY