May 23, 2013 10:22:27 AM
Joe Fleming of Vernon, Ala.- based Marathon Equipment was recognized by peers as Employee of the Year.
Fleming, plant manager for Environmental Solutions Group (ESG), received the Waste Equipment Technology Association's (WASTEC) Employee of the Year Award for Production at a national awards ceremony held in New Orleans.
WASTEC is the Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit trade association representing technology and equipment manufacturers and distributors in the waste and recycling industry. ESG combines three industry-leading companies within Dover Corporation's Industrial Products Group -- Heil Environmental, Marathon Equipment Company and Bayne Premium Lift Systems -- to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the waste management industry. Fleming is formally affiliated with Marathon, based in Vernon.
Fleming, originally from Middleville, Mich., began his career as a walk-in welder of packer and container bodies at Marathon Equipment Company in 1981. He eventually worked his way up to plant manager, where he is currently responsible for manufacturing and is site leader for all on-site operations. In 2012, he exceeded company goals in four out of five business categories and took a waste-to-energy product concept through to prototype in one year. Fleming was also the LEAN leader to improve the process flow for new growth.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY