May 30, 2013 8:43:02 AM
NETTLETON, Miss. -- United Furniture Industries has announced the company is expanding operations at its manufacturing facility in Nettleton.
The project represents a company investment of $277,000 and will create about 100 new jobs.
The company currently has 400 employees at the Nettleton facility.
United Furniture is a manufacturer of upholstered furniture including chairs, recliners, sofas and loveseats, sectionals and more.
The company also has two manufacturing facilities in Okolona, and one manufacturing facility and one distribution center in Amory.
Currently, the company employs 1,800 in the state.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for infrastructure improvements.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY