May 30, 2013 8:43:02 AM
NETTLETON, Miss. -- United Furniture Industries has announced the company is expanding operations at its manufacturing facility in Nettleton.
The project represents a company investment of $277,000 and will create about 100 new jobs.
The company currently has 400 employees at the Nettleton facility.
United Furniture is a manufacturer of upholstered furniture including chairs, recliners, sofas and loveseats, sectionals and more.
The company also has two manufacturing facilities in Okolona, and one manufacturing facility and one distribution center in Amory.
Currently, the company employs 1,800 in the state.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for infrastructure improvements.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY