June 6, 2013 9:27:23 AM
North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point announces the association of R. David Evans, M.D., a general and peripheral vascular surgeon.
He joins Thomas Vinson, M.D., in practice at West Point Surgical Associates.
A native of Dothan, Ala., Dr. Evans earned a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Auburn University. He completed his medical degree in 1982 from the University of South Alabama in Mobile, as well as an internship and residency in surgery at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pa. He served as chief resident at Geisinger Medical Center in 1986-87, then completed fellowship training in vascular surgery at Georgia Baptist Medical Center in Atlanta in 1988.
Dr. Evans is board certified by the American Board of Surgery. In 2002, he completed his master's of business administration degree at Auburn University. In 2003, he completed a master's degree in public health from the University of South Florida in Tampa.
He comes to West Point from Valley, Ala., where he was on the medical staff at Lanier Medical Center. He previously practiced in Lakeland, Fla., for 18 years.
1. Signing off: Longtime WCBI anchor retiring after 44 years on the air COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trotter shooting suspect arrested COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Big cat sleepover: Cedarhill holds fundraising raffle for second year in a row COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-circuit clerk arrested for slapping woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Bond denied for alleged Thanksgiving shooter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY