June 13, 2013 10:26:22 AM
TUPELO -- A 24-year-old Nettleton man has been charged in a Friday night traffic stop in which a woman was pulled over by a man impersonating a police officer.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal they have charged Jacob Dye with a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer but expect other agencies involved to place felony charges against the man.
Johnson says a search of Dye's home allegedly revealed he was in possession of uniforms and equipment from multiple emergency agencies including the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Itawamba County Sheriff's Office, North Mississippi Medical Center and numerous fire departments.
It was unclear whether Lee has an attorney.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY