June 13, 2013 10:26:22 AM
TUPELO -- A 24-year-old Nettleton man has been charged in a Friday night traffic stop in which a woman was pulled over by a man impersonating a police officer.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal they have charged Jacob Dye with a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer but expect other agencies involved to place felony charges against the man.
Johnson says a search of Dye's home allegedly revealed he was in possession of uniforms and equipment from multiple emergency agencies including the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Itawamba County Sheriff's Office, North Mississippi Medical Center and numerous fire departments.
It was unclear whether Lee has an attorney.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY