June 13, 2013 10:26:22 AM
TUPELO -- A 24-year-old Nettleton man has been charged in a Friday night traffic stop in which a woman was pulled over by a man impersonating a police officer.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal they have charged Jacob Dye with a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer but expect other agencies involved to place felony charges against the man.
Johnson says a search of Dye's home allegedly revealed he was in possession of uniforms and equipment from multiple emergency agencies including the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Itawamba County Sheriff's Office, North Mississippi Medical Center and numerous fire departments.
It was unclear whether Lee has an attorney.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY