June 13, 2013 10:26:22 AM
TUPELO -- A 24-year-old Nettleton man has been charged in a Friday night traffic stop in which a woman was pulled over by a man impersonating a police officer.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal they have charged Jacob Dye with a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer but expect other agencies involved to place felony charges against the man.
Johnson says a search of Dye's home allegedly revealed he was in possession of uniforms and equipment from multiple emergency agencies including the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Itawamba County Sheriff's Office, North Mississippi Medical Center and numerous fire departments.
It was unclear whether Lee has an attorney.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY