June 15, 2013 7:13:46 PM
Southern Business & Development magazine has recognized Historic Downtown Columbus in its annual "Top 10's" edition. The area has been named in the Top Ten Wonderful Small Town Central Business Districts in the South ranking for 2013.
"Our downtown area is a great asset for Columbus," said Macaulay Whitaker, vice-president of the Columbus Lowndes Chamber of Commerce. "The central business district is a unique combination of businesses and services unlike any other."
The ranking recognized the thriving business community, real estate and cultural offerings as part of the outstanding center of the community. The Top Ten issue is reviewed nationwide and covers a wide array of categories, ranging from districts with rich oil and gas markets to community college workforce training.
"This just further proves that Downtown Columbus is second to none, providing a unique opportunity for businesses to thrive and make a difference in our community," said Barbara Bigelow, Executive Director of Main Street Columbus. "Residents and visitors can enjoy quality of life offerings, fabulous food, professional services, unbeatable shopping and a great atmosphere for living and working."
For more information about the rankings, visit sb-d.com.
1. Suspect in Wednesday shooting turns himself in COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photo: Highway 69 wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City wants to operate firing range, supes say 'No' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Why do we celebrate Cinco de Mayo? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. FOI head: City violated 'Open Meetings' law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY