June 20, 2013 10:16:54 AM
Christopher "Hebo" Pritchett of Columbus has been named the Ruan Transportation Management Systems' 2012 Regional Driver of the Year. He will go on to compete for overall Driver of the Year.
Ruan, an 81-year-old transportation management company headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, began the search for its Driver of the Year when 150 drivers from Ruan's 233 locations were named Regional Finalists based on length of service, safety and driving records and exceptional customer service.
Ruan's regional vice presidents then narrowed the field further to 14 regional winners. The regional winners and their guests will travel to Des Moines in July for three days of special events, and one of the regional winners, as selected by Ruan's senior leadership team, will be honored as the 2012 Driver of the Year on July 17.
Ruan drivers are assigned to individual shippers, so they handle the same type of equipment and cargo on every run, allowing them to become experts about their freight and their customers.
Pritchett has been a driver for Ruan for six years and delivers hydrogen peroxide, chlorate and other products produced at AkzoNobel Chemical in Columbus. He has been employed as a truck driver for 17 years.
Pritchett and his wife, Pamela live in New Hope and have three children. Pamela will travel to Des Moines with Pritchett for the final announcement.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY