June 20, 2013 10:16:54 AM
Christopher "Hebo" Pritchett of Columbus has been named the Ruan Transportation Management Systems' 2012 Regional Driver of the Year. He will go on to compete for overall Driver of the Year.
Ruan, an 81-year-old transportation management company headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, began the search for its Driver of the Year when 150 drivers from Ruan's 233 locations were named Regional Finalists based on length of service, safety and driving records and exceptional customer service.
Ruan's regional vice presidents then narrowed the field further to 14 regional winners. The regional winners and their guests will travel to Des Moines in July for three days of special events, and one of the regional winners, as selected by Ruan's senior leadership team, will be honored as the 2012 Driver of the Year on July 17.
Ruan drivers are assigned to individual shippers, so they handle the same type of equipment and cargo on every run, allowing them to become experts about their freight and their customers.
Pritchett has been a driver for Ruan for six years and delivers hydrogen peroxide, chlorate and other products produced at AkzoNobel Chemical in Columbus. He has been employed as a truck driver for 17 years.
Pritchett and his wife, Pamela live in New Hope and have three children. Pamela will travel to Des Moines with Pritchett for the final announcement.
1. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Second Baptist deacons to release offering to trustees, finance committee STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY