August 15, 2009 7:13:00 PM
A sexual assault Wednesday morning outside of Starkville left one woman in Oktibbeha County Hospital and the suspect in Oktibbeha County Jail.
Ricardo Thompson, 19, of 1429 Highway 25 South, Apt. 16, faces charges of kidnapping and sexual battery. He was still being held in Oktibbeha County Jail Friday on a combined $50,000 bond.
The incident occurred early Wednesday morning, when Thompson forced a woman from her home and took her to an isolated road in the Clayton Village area, Oktibbeha County Sheriff''s Department chief deputy George Carrithers. That''s where the sexual assault took place.
The Sheriff''s Department was notified of the assault around 3:50 a.m. Wednesday by Oktibbeha County Hospital staff members. Deputies then went to the emergency room to interview the victim and collect evidence.
Police then issued an arrest warrant for Thompson, who the victim knew, though Carrithers wouldn''t disclose the nature of their relationship.
Thompson was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Carrithers said.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY