June 27, 2013 9:43:22 AM
WEST HAVEN, Conn. -- A Connecticut couple has named its baby with help from customers at a Starbucks coffee shop.
Twenty-five-year-old Jennifer James and 24-year-old Mark Dixon of West Haven told the New Haven Register they had been struggling between two names for the boy they are expecting in September, so they decided to put it to a vote.
They placed signs at the Starbucks on the New Haven Green, where they are regulars, asking people to vote for either the name Jackson or Logan.
They received about 1,800 votes in the coffee cup serving as a ballot box. The couple said voters did not limit themselves to the two choices they were given.
"We've gotten Obama, Jebediah, Lincoln. Someone put (a) write-in, Webster," James said.
The name Logan also was favored by the customers, but ultimately both names won.
The couple said it will name the baby Logan Jackson Dixon.
1. Middle school mourning death of student STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Anti-McQueen ads could violate state law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Candidates attack absent mayor at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman faces child endangerment charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayoral candidates trade barbs COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY