July 6, 2013 6:35:34 PM
OXFORD -- A lawyer is seeking a delay in the July 15 sentencing of a man who pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography in Columbus.
Noel Everett Sumrall was indicted on the charge in August 2012. He pleaded guilty earlier this year.
His lawyer filed a motion this week, asking for a 30 day delay in sentencing.
The motion says an expert needs to review additional information to help determine Sumrall's "propensities for child sexual abuse and possible diagnosis of his proclivities."
The information on Sumrall's "danger to the community and likelihood of recidivism" will be provided to the court and probation services.
Sumrall is charged in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jackson enters Ward 4 council race COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY