July 6, 2013 6:35:34 PM
OXFORD -- A lawyer is seeking a delay in the July 15 sentencing of a man who pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography in Columbus.
Noel Everett Sumrall was indicted on the charge in August 2012. He pleaded guilty earlier this year.
His lawyer filed a motion this week, asking for a 30 day delay in sentencing.
The motion says an expert needs to review additional information to help determine Sumrall's "propensities for child sexual abuse and possible diagnosis of his proclivities."
The information on Sumrall's "danger to the community and likelihood of recidivism" will be provided to the court and probation services.
Sumrall is charged in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY