July 6, 2013 6:35:34 PM
OXFORD -- A lawyer is seeking a delay in the July 15 sentencing of a man who pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography in Columbus.
Noel Everett Sumrall was indicted on the charge in August 2012. He pleaded guilty earlier this year.
His lawyer filed a motion this week, asking for a 30 day delay in sentencing.
The motion says an expert needs to review additional information to help determine Sumrall's "propensities for child sexual abuse and possible diagnosis of his proclivities."
The information on Sumrall's "danger to the community and likelihood of recidivism" will be provided to the court and probation services.
Sumrall is charged in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY