July 6, 2013 6:35:34 PM
OXFORD -- A lawyer is seeking a delay in the July 15 sentencing of a man who pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography in Columbus.
Noel Everett Sumrall was indicted on the charge in August 2012. He pleaded guilty earlier this year.
His lawyer filed a motion this week, asking for a 30 day delay in sentencing.
The motion says an expert needs to review additional information to help determine Sumrall's "propensities for child sexual abuse and possible diagnosis of his proclivities."
The information on Sumrall's "danger to the community and likelihood of recidivism" will be provided to the court and probation services.
Sumrall is charged in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY