July 8, 2013 10:14:27 AM
The Columbus Police Department is looking for two men suspected of exchanging gunfire in the middle of the street and shooting into a home Sunday morning.
According to CPD chief Selvain McQueen, Jamarquis Donshaye Easley, 25 of 803 Spruce St., and Lashun Harris, 21, of 90 Caribou Cove, drove up to a home on Florence Street and began shooting into the residence around10 a.m. Sunday.
Multiple shots were also fired into a residence at 107 Florence St. McQueen said investigators collected "at least" nine shell casings from the scene.
Four adults and two children were inside the home at the time. There were no injuries.
Police believe Sunday's altercation stemmed from two prior incidents involving Easley, Harris and a female resident in the home, one at the Columbus Fairgrounds last week and another at Club Rose'.
McQueen said a total of 12 warrants have been issued for Easley and Harris, each for six counts of aggravated assault.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man charged with aggravated assault for shooting in Cracker Barrel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel shooting suspect captured in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD arrests two for burglaries, drug trafficking STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Developer finalizes purchase of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY