July 11, 2013 10:36:39 AM
Jamarquis Donshaye Easley, 25 of 803 Spruce St., and Lashun Harris, 21, of 90 Caribou Cove, were arrested Wednesday and each charged with six counts of aggravated assault after they allegedly opened fire on a home Sunday morning.
According to Columbus Police Department chief Selvain McQueen, Easley and Harris drove up to a home on Florence Street and began shooting into the residence around 10 a.m. Sunday.
McQueen said investigators collected "at least" nine shell casings from the scene.
Four adults and two children were inside the home at the time. There were no injuries.
Police believe Sunday's altercation stemmed from two prior incidents involving Easley, Harris and a female resident of the home, one at the Columbus Fairgrounds last week and another at Club Rosé.
Easley has been arrested 19 times since 2006 on charges ranging from armed robbery to simple assault to multiple charges of domestic violence. He was also arrested in 2008 for shooting into a house.
Harris has been arrested five times since 2011. His charges include drug charges, DUI and possession, sale or transfer of a stolen firearm.
Easley and Harris are currently in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man gets 40 years for killing cousin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY