July 12, 2013 9:54:14 AM
MOSCOW -- A Russian official of Amnesty International says he plans to meet with Edward Snowden, the leaker of U.S. National Security Agency secrets.
Sergei Nikitin, head of the rights organization's Russia office, told The Associated Press the meeting would take place today, but he declined to say where. However, the head of the Moscow lawyers' association, Genri Reznik, was quoted by the Interfax news agency as saying the meeting has been called for 4:30 p.m. at Moscow's Sheremetyevo international airport.
Snowden is believed to have been stuck in the transit zone at Sheremetyevo as he negotiates for asylum in another country.
Russian news agencies reported that Snowden had called on several organizations, among them Transparency International and Human Rights Watch, to meet with him at the airport.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY