July 13, 2013 6:43:00 PM
ABERDEEN -- The city of Aberdeen has contracted with a Columbus firm to provide shuttle service to local residents.
Riders will pay a fee for the service. The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the city is not providing any financial support.
TC Express LLC will operate as Aberdeen on Wheels Shuttle Service. Local manager McKinley Whitely says service will start by the end of July.
Whitley says the service will be available to transport employees to nearby plants like Toyota and Severstal. The transportation service will also be available for doctor's appointment in and out of town without a long wait for return and for other needs like grocery shopping.
He says all buses will be equipped to handle wheelchairs.
Whitley says company may expand its service in the future.
1. Signing off: Longtime WCBI anchor retiring after 44 years on the air COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trotter shooting suspect arrested COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Big cat sleepover: Cedarhill holds fundraising raffle for second year in a row COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-circuit clerk arrested for slapping woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Bond denied for alleged Thanksgiving shooter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY