July 13, 2013 6:43:00 PM
ABERDEEN -- The city of Aberdeen has contracted with a Columbus firm to provide shuttle service to local residents.
Riders will pay a fee for the service. The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the city is not providing any financial support.
TC Express LLC will operate as Aberdeen on Wheels Shuttle Service. Local manager McKinley Whitely says service will start by the end of July.
Whitley says the service will be available to transport employees to nearby plants like Toyota and Severstal. The transportation service will also be available for doctor's appointment in and out of town without a long wait for return and for other needs like grocery shopping.
He says all buses will be equipped to handle wheelchairs.
Whitley says company may expand its service in the future.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Deck collapse could prompt county building code discussions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY