Former Starkville Chief Administrative Officer Lynn Spruill reacts after aldermen voted 5-2 to override Mayor Parker Wiseman's veto of her termination Tuesday night at Starkville City Hall. Photo by: Micah Green Buy this photo.
July 23, 2013 8:11:27 PM
The Starkville Board of Aldermen voted 5-2 Tuesday night to override mayor Parker Wisemen's veto of the board's previous decision to fire the city's chief administrative officer, Lynn Spruill.
A crowd of approximately 150 people crowded into city hall, most in support of Spruill. An overflow crowd waited in the hall, outside of the meeting room. During the open comment portion of the meeting, 21 of the 23 people who spoke urged members of the board to allow Wiseman's veto to stand.
Lisa Wynn, David Little, Roy A. Perkins and Henry Vaughn and Ben Carver voted for the override.
Read full coverage of the meeting in Wednesday's Dispatch.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY