Former Starkville Chief Administrative Officer Lynn Spruill reacts after aldermen voted 5-2 to override Mayor Parker Wiseman's veto of her termination Tuesday night at Starkville City Hall. Photo by: Micah Green Buy this photo.
July 23, 2013 8:11:27 PM
The Starkville Board of Aldermen voted 5-2 Tuesday night to override mayor Parker Wisemen's veto of the board's previous decision to fire the city's chief administrative officer, Lynn Spruill.
A crowd of approximately 150 people crowded into city hall, most in support of Spruill. An overflow crowd waited in the hall, outside of the meeting room. During the open comment portion of the meeting, 21 of the 23 people who spoke urged members of the board to allow Wiseman's veto to stand.
Lisa Wynn, David Little, Roy A. Perkins and Henry Vaughn and Ben Carver voted for the override.
Read full coverage of the meeting in Wednesday's Dispatch.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY