Former Starkville Chief Administrative Officer Lynn Spruill reacts after aldermen voted 5-2 to override Mayor Parker Wiseman's veto of her termination Tuesday night at Starkville City Hall. Photo by: Micah Green Buy this photo.
July 23, 2013 8:11:27 PM
The Starkville Board of Aldermen voted 5-2 Tuesday night to override mayor Parker Wisemen's veto of the board's previous decision to fire the city's chief administrative officer, Lynn Spruill.
A crowd of approximately 150 people crowded into city hall, most in support of Spruill. An overflow crowd waited in the hall, outside of the meeting room. During the open comment portion of the meeting, 21 of the 23 people who spoke urged members of the board to allow Wiseman's veto to stand.
Lisa Wynn, David Little, Roy A. Perkins and Henry Vaughn and Ben Carver voted for the override.
Read full coverage of the meeting in Wednesday's Dispatch.
1. One sibling dead, alert issued for another COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Missing Caledonia toddler found safe in Georgia COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus kid makes his pitch COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Arrest report: 4-22-14 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two MSU players arrested for robbery, burglary STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY