July 24, 2013 10:40:38 AM
MIAMI -- A new tropical depression has formed in the eastern Atlantic and is expected to soon become a tropical storm.
The depression's maximum sustained winds early today are near 35 mph. The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami says it's forecast to reach tropical storm strength later in the day or tonight.
The depression is centered about 310 miles west-southwest of the Cape Verde Islands, off the coast of west Africa, and is moving west-northwest near 20 mph.
1. Man killed in Thanksgiving shooting outside Trotter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Body found in Lake Lowndes Park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council suspends CPD officer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for sex with 13-year-old STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY