July 26, 2013 9:46:03 AM
HIGH POINT, N.C. -- The North Carolina-based home furnishings company that markets Paula Deen's furniture line is sticking with the embattled celebrity chef.
The High Point Enterprise reports that Universal Furniture International will continue to market the Paula Deen Home Collection.
Deen has been under fire since the revelation earlier this year of a legal deposition in which Deen admitted under oath to having used the N-word. Many companies have dropped Deen since the deposition became public.
Jeff Scheffer with Universal Furniture says he feels bad for Deen. He says the Deen he knows isn't the one who has been portrayed in the media recently.
Scheffer wrote retailers saying his company accepts Deen's apologies for her previous comments. He says part of the decision is based on retail customer feedback.
1. Suspect in Wednesday shooting turns himself in COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photo: Highway 69 wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Why do we celebrate Cinco de Mayo? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. City wants to operate firing range, supes say 'No' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Domestic dispute call leads to arson charge STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY