July 26, 2013 9:48:38 AM
JACKSON -- Mississippi's annual sales tax holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. Friday and ends at midnight Saturday.
As in previous years, shoppers can save 7 percent on certain clothes and shoes that cost $100 or less per item.
Sixteen other states have sales-tax holidays, with some going beyond back-to-school products to include tax exemptions for hunting and hurricane seasons and energy-efficient appliances and equipment.
Alabama's eighth annual sales tax holiday for school-related items runs Aug. 2-4 and allows savings on certain school supplies, computers, books and clothing.
1. LCSO names suspect in Crawford shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Shots fired near the Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY