July 26, 2013 9:48:38 AM
JACKSON -- Mississippi's annual sales tax holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. Friday and ends at midnight Saturday.
As in previous years, shoppers can save 7 percent on certain clothes and shoes that cost $100 or less per item.
Sixteen other states have sales-tax holidays, with some going beyond back-to-school products to include tax exemptions for hunting and hurricane seasons and energy-efficient appliances and equipment.
Alabama's eighth annual sales tax holiday for school-related items runs Aug. 2-4 and allows savings on certain school supplies, computers, books and clothing.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS