CL&W General manager Todd Gale
July 26, 2013 9:58:27 AM
Water and sewer customers of Columbus Light and Water with delinquent accounts will have until August 23 to pay fees owed for the past year and avoid any penalties.
In an effort to collect unpaid bills that were charged against bad debt beginning July 1 of last year through June 30, all penalties will be waived if accounts are paid in full, CL&W General manager Todd Gale said.
Outstanding balances range from $3.14 to $934.52 from 477 customers, he said, a cumulative amount of about $68,000.
Once the time period runs out, the collections go back on the accounts, Gale said.
"It goes against their credit report or until they want service from us again," he said.
In an advertisement in Thursday's edition of The Dispatch, CL&W posted the names of each person with unpaid bills and the amount they owe.
Fines can be paid at the CL&W office at 420 4th Avenue South. The office is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS