July 29, 2013 8:19:53 AM
TUPELO -- The attorney general's office has destroyed $750,000 worth of counterfeit shirts, shoes, purses, CDs and DVDs at a recycling center in Tupelo.
Attorney General Jim Hood says the items were seized at an Okolona thrift shop following a sting operation involving his office, Okolona police and Chickasaw County deputies.
Willie McMillian and Sarah Hill McMillian each pleaded guilty on July 18 to sale and possession with intent to sell goods bearing counterfeit labels or trademarks.
The Okolona and Chickasaw County departments were each awarded a check of $4,867 for assisting with the case, which came from the nearly $20,000 seized during the operation.
Willie McMillian was sentenced to five years with one year suspended. Sarah Hill McMillian was given a five-year suspended sentence.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY