July 29, 2013 9:38:01 AM
A Columbus woman died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Sunday night after she was involved in a two-car accident in Crawford.
Constance Pilkinton Johnson, 89, died at 7:04 p.m. from injuries sustained from a motor vehicle accident. according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Merchant said the accident occurred at 4:30 Sunday afternoon at the intersection of Highway 45 Alternate and Talton Road when Thomas' Chevrolet Equinox was struck by another vehicle. Thomas was transported from the scene to BMH-GT. She was the only passenger in the vehicle.
The driver of the other vehicle was not injured.
The accident is still under investigation.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Higgins: $150 million project eying Lowndes Port COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU horticulture student gains experience at Smith Landscaping COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two sessions planned on proposed tax increases COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY