July 29, 2013 9:38:01 AM
A Columbus woman died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Sunday night after she was involved in a two-car accident in Crawford.
Constance Pilkinton Johnson, 89, died at 7:04 p.m. from injuries sustained from a motor vehicle accident. according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Merchant said the accident occurred at 4:30 Sunday afternoon at the intersection of Highway 45 Alternate and Talton Road when Thomas' Chevrolet Equinox was struck by another vehicle. Thomas was transported from the scene to BMH-GT. She was the only passenger in the vehicle.
The driver of the other vehicle was not injured.
The accident is still under investigation.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY