July 29, 2013 9:38:01 AM
A Columbus woman died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Sunday night after she was involved in a two-car accident in Crawford.
Constance Pilkinton Johnson, 89, died at 7:04 p.m. from injuries sustained from a motor vehicle accident. according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Merchant said the accident occurred at 4:30 Sunday afternoon at the intersection of Highway 45 Alternate and Talton Road when Thomas' Chevrolet Equinox was struck by another vehicle. Thomas was transported from the scene to BMH-GT. She was the only passenger in the vehicle.
The driver of the other vehicle was not injured.
The accident is still under investigation.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY