July 29, 2013 9:38:01 AM
A Columbus woman died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Sunday night after she was involved in a two-car accident in Crawford.
Constance Pilkinton Johnson, 89, died at 7:04 p.m. from injuries sustained from a motor vehicle accident. according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Merchant said the accident occurred at 4:30 Sunday afternoon at the intersection of Highway 45 Alternate and Talton Road when Thomas' Chevrolet Equinox was struck by another vehicle. Thomas was transported from the scene to BMH-GT. She was the only passenger in the vehicle.
The driver of the other vehicle was not injured.
The accident is still under investigation.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY