July 29, 2013 9:38:01 AM
A Columbus woman died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Sunday night after she was involved in a two-car accident in Crawford.
Constance Pilkinton Johnson, 89, died at 7:04 p.m. from injuries sustained from a motor vehicle accident. according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Merchant said the accident occurred at 4:30 Sunday afternoon at the intersection of Highway 45 Alternate and Talton Road when Thomas' Chevrolet Equinox was struck by another vehicle. Thomas was transported from the scene to BMH-GT. She was the only passenger in the vehicle.
The driver of the other vehicle was not injured.
The accident is still under investigation.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY