July 30, 2013 9:32:44 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
BROOKSVILLE -- Authorities say a child has died after being run over in an apparent accident.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant tells WTVA TV that 11-year-old Kirby Theodore Decker was standing on a trailer at the family farm while someone else was moving it a short distance.
Merchant says it appeared something came dislodged and Decker fell. The driver of the truck then accidentally ran over the child.
Family members took Decker to Brooksville where an ambulance transported him to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus.
Decker was pronounced dead shortly after 4 p.m. Monday.
Merchant says the death has been ruled accidental.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY