July 30, 2013 9:32:44 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
BROOKSVILLE -- Authorities say a child has died after being run over in an apparent accident.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant tells WTVA TV that 11-year-old Kirby Theodore Decker was standing on a trailer at the family farm while someone else was moving it a short distance.
Merchant says it appeared something came dislodged and Decker fell. The driver of the truck then accidentally ran over the child.
Family members took Decker to Brooksville where an ambulance transported him to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus.
Decker was pronounced dead shortly after 4 p.m. Monday.
Merchant says the death has been ruled accidental.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dudy Noble video board to serve as first step in renovation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY